Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5350 connectivity issues

ggustafson
Level 1
Level 1

Gentlemen,

Our users drop connectivity during a large file transfer (8 MB) from host to remote. The Async connection shows up/up with no errors. The PPP connection is still up. Counters on the Async interface show no errors. PING's do not go through. Modem activity ceases, but CD stays up. During normal operation everything works fine - it's just the large file downloads that hang up the session. The log shows the connection still in place. A sniffer trace shows retransmissions and 64 byte packets from the host when the hangs occur - packet size is 1518 bytes during the part of the file transfer that works...

Any ideas? (I'm running 12.1(5)XM8 - the code that was delivered with the box.)

2 Replies 2

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you running any kind of compression? Try removing that and see the results. If the probelm dosen't resolve, i would highly recommend to have AS5350 on XB release. You can use 12.2.2.XB8 on AS5350.

I'll turn off compression. It seems like an application issue, although there are no 'tracks' of it in the client's event log or the AS5350... I'll drop in 12.2.2.XB8 after I take compression off...

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: