Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASDM Launcher and Java 7 Update 6

Hello, yesterday I tried to connect to our ASA 5520 using ASDM Launcher, which has alwasy worked before.  For some reason ASDM Launcher is no longer working from both my Win XP desktop and Win XP laptop.  I can open ASDM through the browser but not the launcher.  Both desktop and laptop have Java 7 U 6.  I'm not sure if I can back rev my Java.                  

Everyone's tags (3)
5 REPLIES

Well, I removed 7.6 and installed Java version 6 Update 23.  ASDM Launcher is happy with this version.

Hi Carlos

an other solution is, if you have installed both versions (6 and 7) of Java, to change the properties of the launcher. Try

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xms64m -Xmx512m -Dsun.swing.enableImprovedDragGesture=true -classpath lzma.jar;jploader.jar;asdm-launcher.jar;retroweaver-rt-2.0.jar com.cisco.launcher.Launcher

if you have installed Java 6 in the standard folder

Highlighted

Thanks Bernd, that worked for me.

But does anyone knows, if cisco plans to release an update? Or is it a java-thing?

Bernd, thank you.  I don't have the jre6.  I must have un-installed it because the jre6 folder structure is empty.  But I have the jre1.6.0_18.  I pointed the ASDM property to this directory and now my ASDM is happy.

Hi Carlos

Please can you send me the ASDM Luncher true this email cheikhoumarkane13@hotmail.fr

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content