Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Expert - Please Help me URGENT!

jefferymiow
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I got a problem setting up a new network, I have a leased line connection between point A and point B. Point B is connected by two 128k leased line, each leased line is connected to a 2500 series Cisco router then to a Cisco Catalyst switch. At the switch is connected by three other IBM AS400, which is a total of two router and three IBM AS400.

Eg: 'A' AS400 want to send a file over to point A, 'A' router is 'free', it will go through 'A' leased line/router; at the same time 'B' AS400 also want to send a file over, 'A' leased line/router is 'busy' with 'A' AS400, it will go through 'B' leased line/router.

How should i setup or configure in the way stated above, load balancing the bandwidth?

Currently I am studying for my CCNA. I need all the expert out there help.Your help is greatly appreciated. Email me at <A HREF="mailto:jefferymiow@mac.com">jefferymiow@mac.com</A>

Regards,

Jeffery Miow

5 Replies 5

jefferymiow
Level 1
Level 1

can someone pls help me, give me some advice on this, please.

jefferymiow
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Could someone give me a solution please.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jeffery Miow

faheyd
Level 1
Level 1

Hmm, it really depends on the routing protocol you're using on the routers, IOS level, etc. Do a search on the cisco site for 'load balancing'

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/Tech/load/index.html . There are several different ways to load balance, take your pick.

Hi,

Thanks for your url, someone suggest to use Multichassis Multilink PPP (MMP) do you think it can be done for the scenairo stated?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jeffery Miow

jefferymiow
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Someone suggest to use Multichassis Multilink PPP (MMP) do you think it can be done for the scenairo stated?

Could all the expert out there, give me advice please?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jeffery Miow

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: