Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

assigning mls-id to mls-se on a cos 6509 switch

Hello,

I need to implement mls on a cos-based 6509 switch to muli-layer switch btw 8 vlan switches. I have successful place all vlan interfaces in the vtp-domain with the switch and enable mls globally and on all interface but the MLS-SE is not recognizing the MLS-RP address. I need the command to use on the COS 6509 switch to assign it an ID.

Pls. send me a mail on seg_oresotu@hotmail.com

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: assigning mls-id to mls-se on a cos 6509 switch

MLS or CEF based MLS is enabled by default and no configuration is needed. You'll need to configure MLS-RP only if you have a CAT5500 with NFFC which would be an External MLS-SP. The following page should help

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/35.html

Actually, it was disabled when i issued the "no ip routing" command and the following are the configuration of my CaOS 6509 switch:

i)Supervisor engine 2

ii)Policy Feature Card 2

iii)MSFC2 daughter Card

iv) SFM - 128

Do you have any further suggestion as to how to enable it fully.

Thanks.

Cisco Employee

Sup2/MSFC2 does CEF based MLS and cannot be disabled

How can i verify that CEF is actually working cos believe that not all packet are being switched. Furthermore, i would appreciate if you can give me your phone number so that i can discuss with you over the phone.

Does it hurt anything when you issue a "no ip cef" or a "no ip mroute-cache"? I have 6509's (sup2/msfc2) and it appears that a lot of packets are processor switched instead of cef switched.

Gold

It drives up cpu utilization, and increases latency and jitter through your network. Not something I'd do...

:-)

Russ.W

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content