Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Astro timeout errors on 4006 switch

Please let me know what these error indicate. Users started to lose connectivity when this error was found. Does this indicate a sup failure.

regards,

shashank

packet on port 7, but it came back on port 1

2003 May 28 13:25:40 IST +05:30 %SYS-4-P2_WARN: 1/Astro(4/3) sent out a loopback

packet on port 6, but it came back on port 1

2003 May 28 13:25:40 IST +05:30 %SYS-4-P2_WARN: 1/Astro(3/4) sent out a loopback

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Astro timeout errors on 4006 switch

If you are seeing this on multiple astro's, this would indicate a bad Supervisor

Could be a prob with the ASICs on the supervisor, you ll have to open a case with cisco and possibly rma it.

Purple

Cat 4000's are famous for this , I can't tell you how many Sup's we had to RMA because of this problem . Hopefully they have resolved this with the newer 4500 series .

Many Thanks for your replies,

regards,

shashank

Shashank,

Hi this is Raj. I saw one of your question regarding thr error message on you 4006. I had similar problem. The error is that the 4006 learned mac address which is not valid. I had TAC case open and they send me the SUP module. In between I power cycled 4006 which cleared the error. I did not had to replace the sup. Try rebooting your catalyst, it may clear problem.

Also to see what the error messahe is use the following url for output interpretor.

https://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/OutputInterpreter/home.pl

Raj

NYC Department of Correction

USA

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content