Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

msc

Async Dial Backup for Point to Multi-Point Frame-Relay Network

I have a small frame relay network set up Hub and spoke. I have set up dial backup so when a remote site can't see the Hub it dials into the hub router.

As this is a small simple network I use static routes between the sites. Each of the spoke sites has 2 default routes one pointed at the serial interface and one pointed at the dialer interface with an AD of 200. The hub site has two routes to each spoke set up the same way.

My spoke routers are set up as sub-interfaces and the Hub is not. When a spoke router dials in I get hooked up and can ping etc from the remote to the host from inside the router. I can't ping from the spoke network to the Hub network.

When I look at the routing table the Hub is not dropping the non usable route to the spoke. If I manualy drop the primary route everything works and I can ping from and to any device on any of my sites.

I have tried frame-relay keepalives and have them working but still can't get the route to drop when the pvc drops.

One idea I have is to set up subinterfaces on the Hub router but I would rather not do that.

Any other ideas?

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Async Dial Backup for Point to Multi-Point Frame-Relay Netwo

I would try the sub-interfaces if I were you. Anyone think of any workarounds for this?

Views
Helpful
Replies