Your approach would work (I've used it myself). However, if the outbound call is critical, your approach introduces an unnecessary single point of failure (line 60 must be functional or else).
A better approach is to use dialer profiles so that the out dial can use any available line. Of course, if the potential exists for all 60 lines to be consumed, you may want to stay with two async groups.
OK , I have tried Dialer Profiles, I have move the incomming call to Virtual Profiles.
I still think I have a problem with dial out. (Still working on confirming this).
But does the below sound correct for the internal operation of 5200's -
Dial out call grabs the last in the list of available modems. - That Ok. It then seems to try and place a call on the accociated ISDN B channel. (eg If modem/line 59 then channel 30 on second PRI. If modem/line 60 then Chanel 31). This would be OK Except that incomming calls do NOT relate the ISDN Channel to any specific line. Therefor an incomming call may be using ISDN Channel 31 on modem/line 52 for example. When the ougoing call is attempted the isdn Channel is unavailable (other channels are free) and you get a No free dialers problem.
I have now done the Confirmation. And (good news) I no longer have a problem. The Incomming PPP calls go to Virtual-access and the outgoing Dialer interfaces grab and available modem AND FREE isdn channel.
Without Virtual-access I would have needed Di profiles for all dial in users.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...