Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ns

ATM and PPP

Hi,

I have installed an AIM-ATM card and I tried to configure a port on the VWIC-2MFT-G703 using the mode atm aim 0 controller command and received the following error message:

%Mode command fails.

%Please remove channel-group config on port 1 before configuring mode atm on port 0

Is it not possible to use the AIM-ATM together with just one port on the VWIC-2MFT-G703? I need to have 1 ATM port and 1 serial ppp conection on this card, but it seems like the mode atm command converts the whole VWIC-2MFT-G703 card into ATM. Does anyone know how to configure this scenario?

Any help is much appreciated.

Niels

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Re: ATM and PPP

Hello,

stupid question maybe, but have you tried to remove the channel-group with the 'no channel-group' controller config command ?

Regards,

GP

ns

Re: ATM and PPP

Yes and it removes the serial interfaces that previously were configured and creates 2 ATM interfaces. What I need is 1 ATM and 1 Serial interface, not 2 ATM interfaces. It seems like I need to convert the 2 multiflex ports into ATM and configure the E1 controller that I want to use as a channel-group using the command aim 0 "something" but this command is not documented on CCO.... Would any one know anything about this command, it's format, options etc?

My problem is that the serial interface on this router is in production. So I have limited time to experiment with it.

Thanks,

Niels

Views
Helpful
Replies