cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATM IMA group problem

Steven.Sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

The following router is running ATM IMA. There are four t1's connected but only two used. The fourth t1 is shut down administratively. ATM1/1 is the second t1 not being used however it was not shut down admin. This morning bgp was flapping and telnet sessions to the router were very slow. We removed all traffic and bgp was no longer flaping but telnet was still slow. I was able to get into the router and shut down atm1/1 and since the routers telnet is much better. Any Idea's why this interface was causing so many problems?

We thought the problem was due to an IMA bug but we are running ios version 12.2(12) that should have corrected this.

Thanks, Steve

pphl136#sh ip int brie

Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Protocol

FastEthernet0/0 10.70.12.8 YES NVRAM up down

Serial0/0 unassigned YES NVRAM administratively down down

FastEthernet0/1 10.70.12.72 YES manual up down

ATM1/0 unassigned YES NVRAM up up

ATM1/1 unassigned YES NVRAM down down

ATM1/2 unassigned YES NVRAM up up

ATM1/3 unassigned YES NVRAM administratively down down

ATM1/IMA0 unassigned YES NVRAM up up

ATM1/IMA0.1 57.221.146.70 YES NVRAM up up

ATM1/IMA0.1111 57.251.174.119 YES NVRAM up up

Loopback0 10.70.10.10 YES NVRAM up up

Loopback1111 57.220.14.74 YES NVRAM up up

2 Replies 2

mark-obrien
Level 4
Level 4

Steven,

Check your log and see if ATM1/1 has been bouncing. Also, look at the T1 information in the output of the "show controller ATM1/1" command and see if there are many errors, unavailable seconds, and whatnot.

Mark

Mark,

ATM1/1 has not been bouncing. Also, there are no erros on the ATM interfaces. However, BGP was flapping. Our Engineers have a TAC case open looking for a bug in the IOS. However, I feel like the problem is somehow with the third t1 being plugged in and not admin shut down. I have no proof to back up my claim.

Brgds,

Steven

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: