cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATM-PPP internetworking with aal5ciscoppp encapsulation

costok
Level 1
Level 1

I have connection to ISP by 512Kbit link within E1 G.703. My ISP have used simple configuration (channel-group 0 timeslots 1-8 speed 64; ppp encapsulation).

I 've configured my MGX 8850 with ATM-PPP internetworking.

On FRSM I have port configured with 8 timeslots and slave connection to cellbus with CIR=512000 and chan_type=frForward.

On RPM side a have Virtual-Template interface, Switch point-to-point interface with pvc (ubr 512; encapsulation aal5ciscoppp Virtual-Template) and RPM-PXM master connection (addcon).

When I verify my configuration I wonder that both connections shows different PCR values.

On FRSM connection (dspchan) I see CIR=512000, ChanConnServiceType= ATFR and ChanConnPCR=ChanServiceRate=1333 cps.

On RPM connection (sh atm pvc; sh sw conn vcc) I see UBR PeakRate=512 Kbps and Remote PCR=1208 cps.

From PXM (dspcon) I see both RPM and FRSM connections configured with pcrFwd=pcrBwd=1208 cps.

(But this configuration looks like work well!).

CAN ANYBODY EXPLAIN ME WHAT'S WRONG IN THIS CONFIGURATION?

WHAT'S THE RIGHT PCR VALUES FOR THESE CONNECTIONS?

Next time I'm planning to configure the same but three(five)-segment connection (<FRSM> - <stand-alone mode PXM> - <BPX> - <stand-alone mode PXM> - <RPM>).

In this future configuration PCR values calculation and connection types configuration must be made more precisely.

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME IN THIS CONFIGURATION?

(I think that ATFR conn_type must be only on FRSM, and all other connections must be of UBR type. But what about PCR on every segment?).

Best regards,

Konstantin Okounev

1 Reply 1