Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ATM PVC's & the ability to influence metrics within EIGRP

Does anyone have any experience of using the combination of point-multipoint type configurations where you need to influence route selection within EIGRP ? I need to be able to change the delay within the PVC sub-int and cannot find any documentation to tell me I can do it. Or will I have to use an Offset list.

I can obviously provide more info, but was hoping it was simply my lack of knowledge with ATM networks of this type.

Many Thanks

SB

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: ATM PVC's & the ability to influence metrics within EIGRP

SB,

Depending on your setup the answer will differ...

If you have a ptmp interface will many PVC's then the EIGRP metrics you assign to the interface (sub-interface) will apply to all EIGRP neigbors off all PVC's.

If you have only one PVC on your interface (sub-interface) then you can apply your metrics and it will apply to the one PVC. There is no way, within the PVC configuration to alter this per PVC.

Possibly with a route-map or distribution-list you can alter your metrics based on destination network rather than manipulating the delay on the interface. This might get you what you want as well.

Hope this helps,

Don

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content