Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

ATM PVCs

When running a frame-relay network, I could use the command "sh frame pvc" to see all dlci present on a frame-relay circuit (whether they were configured in the router or not).

Time has moved on and we are now running ATM across the WAN. I can't find a similar command for ATM. "sh atm pvc" shows only pvcs that I have defined in the router config whether or not the vc is present on the circuit.

I would really like to see what vc is present on the circuit before I config. What painfully obvious command am I missing?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ATM PVCs

unlike frame-relay where lmi allows you to discover all the pvc's, with atm we use ILMI and that is not enabled by default. In order to enalbe ilmi pvc discovery, you will have to define an ILMI pvc (for eg: atm pvc 1 0 16 ilmi) and then enable ilmi pvc discovery on it. THis done, the pvc's will only be discovered if ILMI is running on the atm swtich as well... otherwise there is no point in doing this, meaning you cannot discover what pvc's are configured on the switch end, unless you actually sniff the link :)

Community Member

Re: ATM PVCs

Thanks for the info. I had configured ilmi-pvc-discovery previously, it just never occured to me to ask our provider about ilmi on their switches.

I appreciate the help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content