cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attaching a Omnimux 82 Statistical Mux to a Cisco 3660 Frame Relay Router

j.rothschild
Level 1
Level 1

Customer has existing PT-PT connection running over a Timeplex Network that connects 2 Racal Omnimux 82 Statistical Multiplexors,

On one side is a Concurrent Host connected to 4 Channels of the Omnimux 82 and the other side are Terminals and Printers connected to 4 channels of the Omnimux 82. The connections are basically 1 for 1, channel 1 on Terminal connects to Channel 1 on Host. The customer will be removing the timeplex network shortly and has asked that the 2 Muxs be connected to there existing Frame Relay connection,

Since the Muxes are Syncronous to Syncronous we attached each side to a Female CAB-RS232FC Cable and 3660 router running 12.2 Enterprise Plus IOS.

I would like to know what type of config would be warrented for this type of connection to take place.

Can you direct me to sample configurations that would show MUX to router connections. The Host would be accessed via the other side of the serial connection NOT Ethernet or Token-Ring, just by the Terminals Ther current speed is 9600.

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

You have to do a Serial Tunnel (STUN) when you need to replace one or more point-to-point (not multi-drop) serial links and send it in the frame-relay link. And the link will also synchronous.

Since I posted this message earlier I have sucessfully configured a STUN configuration for both side and it works. Thanks for your input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: