cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

auto port duplex option

Hi,

I have noticved that I cannot set port duplex to auto on a wsc6509 catalyst 8.3(4) Switch.

> (enable) set port duplex 2/36 ?

full Full duplex

half Half duplex

Will port duplex be in only 2 modes on all cat os switches?

Thanks,

Prakash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: auto port duplex option

Prakash,

I think its true that CATOS does not allow you to set the duplex. I also think its the same across IOS platforms as well. As long as the speed is hardcoded to 10 or 100, you can change duplex settings to full or half appropriately. If speed is set to auto, it automatically negotiates both the speed and duplex settings.

HTH

PS: please remember to rate helpful posts.

4 REPLIES

Prakash,

I think its true that CATOS does not allow you to set the duplex. I also think its the same across IOS platforms as well. As long as the speed is hardcoded to 10 or 100, you can change duplex settings to full or half appropriately. If speed is set to auto, it automatically negotiates both the speed and duplex settings.

HTH

PS: please remember to rate helpful posts.

Community Member

On all IOS Platforms.. I can set port duplex to auto irrespective of speed setting.

Your response including everybody else response was very helpful.

Thank you.

Purple

Did you hardcode the speed first , usually you have to hardcode the speed first before doing the duplex . Speed cannot be auto and set the duplex too .

Community Member

Hi Prakash,

u must set the speed instead of duplex first. otherwise, no matter how hard u tried, still back to square.

Regards,

Jack

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content