Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Auto QoS on Cat 3750

Hi..

when i turned on auto qos, on a FE interface of a catalyst 3750 as follows:

interface FastEthernet1/0/1

srr-queue bandwidth share 10 10 60 20

srr-queue bandwidth shape 10 0 0 0

mls qos trust device cisco-phone

mls qos trust cos

auto qos voip cisco-phone

however, i realised that egress priority queuing is not enabled. See output below

Switch#sh mls qos interface fa1/0/1 queueing

FastEthernet1/0/1

Egress Priority Queue : disabled

Shaped queue weights (absolute) : 10 0 0 0

Shared queue weights : 10 10 60 20

The port bandwidth limit : 100

The port is mapped to qset : 1

i believe we need to turn on egress priority queuing using "priority out" interface command. Pls correct me if i am wrong..

3 REPLIES
Purple

Re: Auto QoS on Cat 3750

Hi,

That is correct - you enable the expedite queue by using the 'priority-queue out' interface configuration command. By default, AutoQoS on the 3750 sets up queue 1 as a shaped queue, not a priority queue.

When you enter in the 'priority-queue out' command, the weight associated with the srr-queue is ignored.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Hi Paresh,

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering why the "priority-queue out" command wasn't entered in automatically as it is required in VoIP sceneario..

Rgds

Eng Wee

Purple

Hi Eng Wee,

I believe the reason for not doing so is due to the inherent danger of having a priority-queue. If you are not using admission control mechanisms, there is always a danger that your priority queue traffic starves out the low-priority traffic.

If you are using appropriate admission control, you always have the option of tweaking the autoqos-generated config.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content