Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic generation of self-signed certificates on IOS

Hopefully this is a simple question that has an equally simple answer. Is there an easy way to prevent IOS from generating self-signed keypairs and certificates whenever HTTPS-related services are enabled?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Automatic generation of self-signed certificates on IOS

Jody

What you are asking about seems logical. If you have installed a public certificate then you might not want the router reverting to a self signed certificate. But I do not know of any way to prevent the router from generating a self signed certificate. I have taken a look at the on line help for services and there does not seem to be anything there that would do what you want.

HTH

Rick

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

No.

HTTPS and SSLVPN requires ceritficates, so either you disable these services, or the router will have generate certificates.

I understand that the services require certificates, but am more interested in making sure that the certificates used are valid ones rather than self-signed ones.

I'm running into circumstances where the router is not using the defined trustpoints on reboot. I don't want self-signed certificates presented and would rather have the service simply not work until I can look into the problem.

I'm thinking that there has to be a service that can be turned off that will recent the router fr generating its own keys/certificates and leave it for me to do manually. 

Hall of Fame Super Gold

What service are you specifically referring to? One should look into the method to bind a service to a trustpoint, that should be possible.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Jody

What you are asking about seems logical. If you have installed a public certificate then you might not want the router reverting to a self signed certificate. But I do not know of any way to prevent the router from generating a self signed certificate. I have taken a look at the on line help for services and there does not seem to be anything there that would do what you want.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content