Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatically matching CPE IP's to Cable Modem IP's on an uBR7246vxr

todd.fletcher
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Interesting problem has popped up at work.

Currently we can find what host (or CPE) IP's are associated with a particular cable modem via the command:

cmts#show Interfaces CableX/0 modem <sid-number>

This is all well and good, but I need to be able to generate a list between all CPE IP's to cable modem IP's and store this information in a db of sorts.

Are there any queries (I am thinking of SNMP here) that can be done from an UNIX host, for example, that will generate this list? Or if anyone has any other suggestions that'll be great.

3 Replies 3

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your thinking is right..snmp is the best bet.

RIghty-o..thanks for that... I've looked but I am either looking in the wrong place or don't know what I am after, so could you (or someone) please give me a pointer to some documentation or the actual snmpget command that'll do this?

Cheers all

Well, there's not one snmpget command that will do this. You need to write either a bash or perl script to do it effectively, and it depends on how the modems are provisioned.

Basically, you need to walk the docsIfCmtsCmStatusIpAddress table on the UBR to get a list of all the modems out there. Then, you load that list of IP's into an array, and and walk the docsDevCpeIp table on each modem.

Justin