Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AUX connection problems

We have a site that is having trouble connection via console from a router configured for dial up access.

I am mainly trying to understand what is going on here:

The router configured for dial up access, works on many other routers when OOB access is needed.

This particular site had a digital telephone line that is converted at the site by the carrier to analog.

When attempting to access the router at this site via the dial up connection, I can see the connection get established on the console port of the remote router.

So, it looks like the initial handshake is working.

What I see the on main dial up router is usually NO ANSWER, but I know this is incorrect because I see the console port on the remote router with a connection.

Sometimes on the main dial up router I see this:

CONNECT 115200/V32/LAPM/V42B/9600

The very first attempt at a connection, I saw the above on the dial up router. I entered 9600 and was able to get in to the remote router.

Since then, all other attemps either end up with the above line showing up, then NO CARRIER.

Or just NO CARRIER.

It seems as if the initial dial up connection is working, but there may be a communication issue between the two routers once the connection has been established.

Perhaps could be related to the digital to analog conversion being done by the carrier.

Anyone ever experienced this?

Views
Helpful
Replies