cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Avoiding redistributing static and connected in OSPF and BGP

asanes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am making some changes in the configuration of the routing protocols in the routers of the backbone. I want to not have to redistribute neither static nor connected netwoorks in OSPF and BGP. I am doing thiscause we are an ISP network, currently for example we are redistributing our customers networks in our IGP, i think that by eliminating all the redistribution we can improve performance and control traffic better... But, I ran into a problem, cause i have one router that give me access to different networks that aren´t directly connected to the router, and the access is through static routes. because, i don´t have those networks connected to any of the router´s interfaces i can´t use the network command to advertise that network, i also tried using and static route to null 0 of that networks and then using the network statement but it didn´t workout. So, I would like to know if there is an option in ospf that let me advertise networks not directly attach to a router or do i have to end up by redistributing those networks into my IGP? thanks in advance...

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

OSPF cannot advertise a network using the network command, if the network is not directly connected / or configured as static route. So you would have to configure them as static route and redistribute it into OSPF.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

deilert
Level 6
Level 6

You may be able to summarize using the

area range or the summary address command