cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BACC 2.5 install problem on solaris 8 machine

abose
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install the broadband access center for cable 2.5 version on a solaris 8 system and having problem during the installation.

I have upgraded my system with the J2sdk patch cluster and my system is at level [Generic_108528-27]. Some of the patches mentioned in the install

guide are not relevant to the system, so they have

not been installed and some of the patches listed

have been superseded by the new ones, which are installed on my system.

But, the installer errors out during the validation

of a patch without any useful information. The stack

trace is shown below for the command

[setup.bin -console]. It fails both from the command line and from the UI.

Is there any logging going on anywhere during the install process ? I would appreciate any help to narrow down what is causing this error.

Thanks in advance.

----------------------------------------------------

Stack Trace

----------------------------------------------------

Invalid System Parameters

Invalid System Parameters Detected

An exception occurred:

java.util.NoSuchElementException

at java.util.StringTokenizer.nextToken(StringTokenizer.java:235)

at com.cisco.csrc.installer.ValidateSystemAction.validatePatch(ValidateSystemActio

n.java:1685)

at com.cisco.csrc.installer.ValidateSystemAction.validatePatches(ValidateSystemAct

ion.java:1625)

at com.cisco.csrc.installer.ValidateSystemAction.execute(ValidateSystemAction.java

:216)

at com.installshield.wizard.RunnableWizardBeanContext.run(RunnableWizardBeanContex

t.java:21)

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

BAC installation is straightforward and normally goes without a problem. However, there are a couple of things that you could have a look at. For example, check if all the Cisco Network Registrar requirements are met. You could also have a look at the release notes for known problems. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps529/prod_release_note09186a008016bf45.html#1026278

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: