Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Back-to-Back Connection Using X21 Octal Cable

Problem is that I have a 7206 that I am trying to connect to a 2500 using a back-to-back configuration. My 7206 has a X21 Octal Cable, which I assumed to be DTE, as other connections are plugged into BT WAN provider. My obvious thought would be to back-to-back one of the connectors for the Octal Cable to a DCE CAB-X21FC cable in order to connect my 2500, and I have also set the clocking on the 2500. However, this does not seem to work, as I can't get either router to recognise the link.

I have tested the DCE CAB-X21FC with a normal DTE X21 cable to create a back-to-back connection between 2 different 2500s and this works fine. So I can only assume that that the Octal cable for the 7200 acts somewhat differently to a normal DTE cable?

Can any help, or possibly shed some light on the problem?

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Back-to-Back Connection Using X21 Octal Cable

Views
Helpful
Replies