Views
Helpful
Replies

back-to-back serial cross cable

juanin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to connect to Cisco 1600 Routers back-to-back (via serial interface).

So to do this, I must have a 60 pin crossover cable.

I have some cables to make the crossover cable, but I can't find the pin-out specifications on how to make it..

does anyone have a link that points to this??

thanks in advance

Juan

7 Replies 7

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

This link does show the pin out of one end of a DB-60. So obviously what you need to do is reverse (cross) the transmit/receive.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

the link is missing.. :)

can you post it again?

thanks!!!

Juan

Probably, you dont have javascript enabled on your browser...

Select the link, starting with http:// and paste it in a browser address bar and view the link....

Here is it again....Remember dont click on the link.....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk13/tk36/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093d28.shtml

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

thank you very much!!!

deilert
Level 6
Level 6

You must use a DCE cable on one end and A DTE on the other end. The side that has the DCE cable attached you must set a clock rate.

Unfortunately the guys here tried to make the cable but something went wrong..

do you have any other link, that points the pin-out in a better way?

we got a cable that has the 60 pin connector at one side, and a winchester one on the other side..

we also have 2 cables that have the 60 pin connector in one side, and DB-25 at the other one..

I was told that you have to make a bridge between 2 pins in order to make one end DCE and the other DTE.. any ideas on this??

thanks again

You say, that you have a cable with one end db60 and other db25. If this is a male type db25 (or female type), there is a counter cable part, which has one end db60 and other end db25(female part should be chosen to fit on male connected). Both these cables can be fitted together to form a db60 to db60 back to back serial cable. Yeah you do also get a bridge type device with female socket on each end of the bridge, to which, you can connect the db25 end of the 2 cables you have.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: