Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Backdoor access to..

my terminal concentrators (2511).

In the case that I lose connectivity to my remote IDC network I want to install a 2503 to connect to over BRI. Routing would be nice using OSPF, although I was going to opt for something simpler using Static NAT on the 2503 connecting to my 4 (possibly 5-6) in a couple of months. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which devices to implement with any ideas as to what to use ? (eg. OSPF - where 2503 is an ABR)

thanks in advance

MERIOS

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Backdoor access to..

If i am not wrong, i understood that you are asking about what are the devices you require. If that's the case, then no specific special devices are required. Routers with BRI support would be enough. However, since there is no BRI port in 2511, you can use one of serial interfaces to Terminal Adapter(TA) which can give ISDN interface. And also, please try to see the option of using static routes/floating static routes instead of going for OSPF.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.