Views
Helpful
Replies

Backplane Utilization on Catalyst 5500

tmesbah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have RTM 1.4.0 and I would like to collect the Backplane utilization for our core switches Catalyst 5500. How can I do that with RTM or with any other management products?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/SNMP/cat-switch_backplane_util.html would be helpful. In RTM if you have a NAM/Probe installed you can span the source ports/VLANs to the NAM/Probe and use Traffic Monitor to get detailed info. Without NAM/Probe you'll only get the Mini-RMON data from the switch.

We have Netscout Probe and I looked all this afternoon to get the Backplane utilization without success. Can you tell where to find that.

Thanks

There is no menu option in RTM that you can click on to get the backplane ustilization automatically. If your switch has only one VLAN, you can span that VLAN to the probe and then monitor the traffic. If you have multiple VALNs, you can span each of them separately to see the traffic in Traffic Monitor.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: