cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

backup interface command

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

if i use this command do I need to include a route for that interface ? how does it exactly work ?

4 Replies 4

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

HI

if u enter this command under any primary interface u need to specify which interface is going to work as a backup for the primary interface.

the back interface should have a route to the remote connection what ever u r using.

common scenario u can take is bri interface serving as backup to serial interface.

Thanks

Mahmood

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

serial 0/0

backup interface bri0

that alone is enuf.

the command waits till the interface goes down, 1ce the serial 0/0 goes down, it will wake-up the BRI0 interface.till that time BRI0 is not initiated

rate this post,

will i need to put any routes in there with a cost in ? ie static route through s0 and static route with a cost in for the bri0 ?

hi carl,,,

i dont think u need more configuration for that...

here u just need to configure bri...and need to publish that ip address in to your routing protocol...

u can have clear picture by this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800b1148.shtml

just readit it will clear you whole fundamental...

rate this post if it helps

regards

Devang

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: