cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup load - Unequal cost path load balancing

fmoulineau
Level 1
Level 1

I intend to use E1 PRI for extra load of my primary 2Mb/s frame relay link. I would like to open E1 channel per channel as extra load require.

I thought to do this:

Use "backup load" on my primary link

Use "dialer load-threshold" on E1

Use IGRP for load balancing for unequal cost issue.

How can i adjust E1 metric in function of number of B channel opened to optimize load balancing.

An other idea to solve this problem ?

2 Replies 2

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Based on the load calculatons on primary line you can add the chans of E1 line one by one in the bundle. So First of all you need to decide when you want to activate (after how much load) the chans of E1 line in the bundle. Each chan on E1 line can be activated based on the avarage "load" on the interface which is a value from 1 (unloaded) to 255 (fully loaded).

Let us know how you want to implement the load calculations...Thx..Tejal

What about with routing and load balancing on 2 link

with asymetric speed (primary link: 2 Mb/S and backup

line increase by 64K-channel as needed) ?

As far as I understand with OSPF, i first open a B-channel and then load-balance on both link (2M and 64K). My first channel should be fastly full and a new B-channel opened and so on until equal load on both link. It could be very expensive.

With EIGRP: I would like to dynamically adapt bandwith value in fonction of number of B-channel opened to optimize load balancing (Primary link full and open only needed B-channel for traffic support).

François.