Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Backup or On-demand Interface Up For Too Long

I have four T-1's bundled together using IP cef. I am getting a trap the states "Backup or on-demand interface has been up for too long" on all four serial interfaces. I can't find any info on the message. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Backup or On-demand Interface Up For Too Long

This looks like it thinks the interfaces are DDR how are your T1's configured ? What version of IOS are you using ?

IOS ver 12.1.1.E3

Here is one of the four T-1's config:

interface Serial4/1/0:1

description xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bandwidth 1524

ip address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ip access-group 102 in

ip access-group 115 out

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

ip load-sharing per-packet

encapsulation ppp

ip route-cache distributed

ip mroute-cache

no fair-queue

no cdp enable

Is it Cisco Works that gives the message about that it has been up too long?

If so, it's because in CiscoWorks, a PPP configured link is considered a dial-up. Go to the DFM Administration console -> Polling and thresholds -> Thresholds tab -> Interface Groups -> PPP Interface -> Priorities and raise the PPP Priority so it's above Dial-On-Demand. If you dont have a PPP Interface group (dont remember if I added it manually) you can create one and let it have the same settings as the Serial interface group, just set the matching criteria to *PPP*

(Or you can be lazy and add *PPP* to the matching criteria in the Serial group)

BugID:s

-----------

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCdv88878&Submit=Search

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCdu28633&Submit=Search

Views
Helpful
Replies