Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bad port for uplink?

I have two 6509's. One running CATOS and the other has the new integrated IOS. If I connect a crossover b/t the switches on 10/100 ports, the CATOS switch shows link and says the port is connected. The other switch shows that the port is down/(line protocol down [not connected]). Both ports are not in shutdown state. I see many CRC and runt errors on the Integraded IOS switch on that port but I see no such errors on the CATOS switch. Both ports are set to speed 100 and duplex full. I have swapped cables and have changed ports on both switches to eliminate these from being the problem. Any ideas on what could be causing this would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Turns out it was a bad cable. I tried several (what appeared to be crossovers) from the same manufacturer but they didn't work. When I installed a homemade crossover the link comes up fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco