Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bandwidth Allocation on 12.3 release

Hi All,

I'm having difficulty of finding any document regarding how IOS 12.3 calculate it's bandwidth check.

Assuming that my frame relay traffic is 128K.

Under 12.2, I was able to define the BW for priority queue e.g. 32kbps and assign the sum of other classes up to 100% if I wanted to. Another word, priorty queue is not included into the bandwidth percentage calculation.

Under 12.3, I can't seem to do that anymore. I have to consider the BW of priority queue as part of the percentage allocation i.e 32kbps is considered as 25% therefore I can only allocate my other classes for up to 75% only.

Is this a new "feature" or just happen to be a bug ? Can Cisco or someone confirm this please ?

This is my sample config.

map-class frame-relay 128K

no frame-relay adaptive-shaping becn

frame-relay cir 128000

frame-relay mincir 128000

service-policy output CoS-Out

policy-map CoS-Out

class Cat0-MCast

priority 8

class Cat0-VoIP

priority 24

class Cat1

bandwidth percent 30

random-detect

class Cat2

bandwidth percent 20

random-detect

class Cat3

bandwidth percent 10

random-detect

class Cat9

bandwidth percent 5

random-detect

class class-default

fair-queue

random-detect

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Bandwidth Allocation on 12.3 release

If you want to make reservations for more than 75% of the capacity of an interface, use the "max-reserved-bandwidth" command on that interface. You can change the maximum up to 100% if you need to. This command has been around for quite a while.

It's difficult to say why 12.2 would have allowed you to go to 100%, perhaps there was a bug.

Views
Helpful
Replies