Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bandwidth Allocation

I have a 1.5mbps PPP connection from the carrier connected to the Serial interface of my 2650 router. I would like to allocate 256k for handling traffic for just several IP addresses and the rest for all other traffics, how can I configure my router to do that?

Can this be done just on my router or it needs to be done on the carrier's side as well?

7 REPLIES

Re: Bandwidth Allocation

Im not sure if this support PPP but you can look on Generic Traffic Shaping for more details. I used this one on ethernet & frame relay before. With this feature, you can limit the bandwidth per destination defined by the access-list.

Check this link: http://www-search.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/search/public.pl?q=generic+traffic+shaping&sa=Go&num=10&searchselector=0

Hi,

You can configure bandwidth limitation for your outgoing/incoming traffic using "rate-limit" command. You can apply an rate-limit as outside with an access-list containing source IP's and another rate-limit as inside with another access-list destination to those source IPs.

Regards

Hi Mazhar,

Have you got a good web link which demonstrates the rate-limit feature.

Regards

Karl

Thankyou very much for your suggestion. If possbile can you show me a little example of how this should be done?

I really appreciate for your help

I have done some research on rate-limit on CAR. I found out that CAR is only supported on the 7xxx Series routers. In my case I am configuring for a 2650 router, is there another solution this problem?

Hi,

You can try by allocationg bandwidth for serial interfaces based on your traffic requirement.

Interface command "bandwidth <0-10000000>" will be of use.

Hope it helps.

-Kanchi

Kanchi,

You are joking, correct?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content