Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth guarantee

4 companies like to share one leased line (used for internet access) and the monthly costs. Therefore, each company should get a part of the available bandwidth (e. g. 500 kbps). This bandwidth should be guaranteed but limited to 500 kbps as well.

Therefore, I like to combine CBWFQ with rate limiting:

policy-map INTERNET_IN

class COMP_A

bandwith 500

policy cir 500000 bc 80000

conform-action transmit

exceed-action drop

The policy-map is bound outgoing to the inside FastEthernet Interface and it is working (show policy-map interface fastethernet 0/0).

But I only get a download speed round about 10 kbps. Without the policy-map I achieved much more. This might be as sign using the wrong values for cir and bc.

The above target in mind, does anybody know how to set those values getting a working solution?

Thanks in advance

Edgar

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Bandwidth guarantee

access-list 1 permit comp a addresses

class-map COMP_A

match access-group 1

policy-map internet_in

class COMP_A

police 500000 62500 62500 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

f0/0

service-policy out internet_in

Access-list and class-map are still included in the configuration. The policy-map is working, but I do not achieve the target bandwidth.

I will test your values, but there are some questions:

- What´s the meaning of 62500 62500

- Why don´t you use the bandwidth statement as well.

Rate-limiting limits the max. bandwidth but

doesn´t guarantee any minimum bandwidth ...?

Thanks

Edgar

bandwidth

Silver

Edgar

The 62500 is the burst rate.

If you can define an ACL that defines the subnets that each company is coming from then you can reserve 500 K for each comp by using rate limiting .

Sorry, maybe my question was not exact:

The access-list is in place as well, but I want to know how you have calculate the Bc value. Furthermore I don´t know if rate-limiting garantees the bandwidth in case of congestions. Therefore I have configured police plus bandwidth (CBWFQ). Your configuration does not include the bandwidth command. Why?

Thanks

Edgar

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content