Views
Helpful
Replies

BANDWIDTH LIMIT DOES NOT WORK?!

giuliano
Level 1
Level 1

HI.

I'm using CAR bandwidth limit to limit ftp outbound connection to external ftp site.

I have an access listi like this:

access-list 102 permit tcp any any range 20 21

and on serial interface connected to internet i have

rate limit output access-group rate-limit 102 8000 1500 2000 conform-action set-prec-continue 4 exceed-action drop.

Now if i connect to an ftp site my bandwidth is not limited to 8kb/s, but continue to download at high speed rate.

I0m missing somethings?

Thanks.

If i remove rate-limit

4 Replies 4

bacarpenter
Level 1
Level 1

You have an out bound rate limit set on the serial interface. i believe this will only work if you're sending to an ftp site, not receiving an ftp download from the internet.

Hi

I am also experiencing the same problem even I apply the rate-limit for inbound FTP traffic ,

access-list 102 permit tcp any any eq ftp

and on serial interface connected to internet i have

rate limit input access-group rate-limit 102 8000 8000 8000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

I was wondering after applying the rate limit, I tried to download a 2MB file from one FTP site, MY cute-ftp is showing 32Kbps download speed rate..

Please correct me If the config is wrong..

thanks in Advance

Ganesh

bacarpenter
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have CEF enable for the interface(s)?

Does the router platform you're using support CAR?

reference :http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios111/cc111/car.htm

bacarpenter
Level 1
Level 1

The rate limit command doesn't look right. I think it should be

rate limit output access-group 102 8000 1500 2000 conform-action set-prec-continue 4 exceed-action drop

Drop the second rate-limit command. It means that access list 102 is a rate-limit access list as defined by the global access-list rate-limit command.