Views
Helpful
Replies

bandwith restric in vlan

erodrig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i need to add a vlan for video and i want to restric the bandwith for this vlan, i mean i want that the application of video don`t use so much bandwith, is that posible do it? and how can i do it

regards

7 Replies 7

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

You can do this but we need to know what platform you wnat to do this on - router, switch ? Also, what sort of a router/switch ?

Paresh

Hi, the switch is a catalyst 4506 with ios 12.2.25 here`s where the vlan are routed

thanks

So where do you want to limit the traffic ? On a specific interface, or do you want to limit all traffic entering/leaving the L3 interface associated with that VLAN ?

Paresh

i want limit the traffic entering/leaving the L3 interface for that vlan (video)

i don`t want that the aplication of video degradates the network performance

regards

Hi,

Most likely, just the application of an inbound policer will do the trick for you but to be safe, you can apply it in both directions.

Try the following config (i've restricted it to 2Mbps in this case - change the value to suit you):

policy-map Policer

class class-default

police 2000000 250

!

interface vlan10

service-policy input Policer

service-policy output Policer

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

hi

i will try this configuration, i just have a question, i know that 2000000 is the bandwidth allowed for this policy-map, what does 250 mean?

regards

Hello,

That is the burst size in kilobytes. A value of 250 means 250kBytes, which is equal to 2MBits, giving you a burst of 1 second.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh