Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Banners and CatOS

Is there a way to copy a multiline banner file (that contains the set banner motd # # command) via "copy tftp config" such that there are no spaces between the rows? Is there a way of inserting a <CR> in the multiline banner file ? Everytime I copy the banner file to the switch, the banner always contains one space between rows (even though the banner file has no spaces between rows). The only way I can get a multiline banner to display without one space between rows is via the CLI by copying each line followed by <RETURN>. Any ideas?

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Banners and CatOS

I've not tested this but I thought I would send an idea to you.

The ACSII character for a CR is ctrl-M. So you might try making your banner file

have ctrl-M's at the end of each line.

The following is a link that shows the ACII character set.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios112/112cg_cr/1rbook/1rascii.htm

Again, I've not been able to test this but thought I would send it in hopes that it provides you the desired results.

Hope this helps,

Don

Re: Banners and CatOS

Unfortunately, this technique did not work. Pressing ctr-m while editing the banner file is the same as pressing the return key (which had already been done after every line).

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.