cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

basic 2524 routing with cox cable modem

Richy
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup two 2524s with a wan from cox cable just to test. I can get the 2524 closest to the cox connection to work fine, but when i connect the next one on the lan side, i cant ping the cox gateway. I can ping the 1st routers wan int, which is the ip given by cox and on the same subnet as the cox gateway. If i create a default route on the first router to push all requests through the cox gateway why doesnt the routing table understand to send it through the cox gateway when i ping from the second router?

1 Reply 1

blazesod
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Richy,

Normally I disable icmp (ping) from a perimeter routers interfaces. I believe it is enabled by default though but that probably is not what is wrong. You may want to set a static route from your routers to the cox gateway. Unless you have a DNS server on your inside network pinging to a "name" will fail. To solve this use the ip host command.

R/S

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: