cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best configuration of 5 nos. "WS-C2924-XL" & 2 nos. "WS-C1924-R"

larrygs
Level 1
Level 1

How to setup for best configuration of 5-nos. "WS-C2924-XL" & 2 nos. "WS-C1924-R" having 1-Data Server (Xeon processsor), 1-Print server & e-mail server (together), 1-IP Phone server (with max. 350 stations), 1-Database server & 1-CAD drawing server to be used by at least 140-users. In addition to the above, is a segment of another network switch having wireless connectivity with 1-data server for at least 25-users.

5 Replies 5

murabi
Level 4
Level 4

Your query does not give a very clear picture of what you want to achieve. Maybe if you can provide some network drawing in text format (as conceived by you), may be some one will comment if it is ok or does it need any changes.

iswift
Level 1
Level 1

as the other responder says, you don't really give any indication of what you are trying to achieve. The best I can say is : 1 Data VLAN 1 Voice VLAN for IPT How do you expect to get up to 350 phone clients out of 48 switch ports ?

First of all, I would like to thank you with the response. Actually, we have 3 more additional network switches with 1x48 ports & 2x24 ports and perhaps we have to add more as required. In fact, we have only 112 IP phones connected so far, but could increase to 130 telephones in six months time.

iswift
Level 1
Level 1

as the other responder says, you don't really give any indication of what you are trying to achieve. The best I can say is : 1 Data VLAN 1 Voice VLAN for IPT

iswift
Level 1
Level 1

pls ignore this post, the 'Edit' button has not appeared as promised on this entry. I miscounted the no of switches you have.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: