cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Inventory Method

sdeal
Level 1
Level 1

I recently installed LMS 2.2. I am looking for the best method of inventorying all devices. I have manual added each device up to this point which is only a handful. I thought about using the ANI server to sync up with the essentials database, but keep getting errors.I have yet to get this to work. Any advice on getting that to work or is it better to manually enter each device. Eventually there will be close to 500 devices to manage. Thanks

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You can create a csv file and then import all devices in RME at once.

Yes, but there are 37 sites and each site will be installed at different times.

Thanks

Hello. The easiest way would probably be to sync with Campus if possible. I would be inclined to focus on sorting this issue out. Are you getting errors when you try to sync or when you try to discover the network ?

If you get an error sync'ing then what is that error message ?

If you experience errors during discovery then try running through the troubleshooting tips on the following link: "Troubleshooting the ANI Discovery Used by Campus Manager and User Tracking" - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps563/products_tech_note09186a0080094949.shtml

No problem in the discovery part. T

he error message in the Sync Log is

ERROR:Send setCredentials to Essentials Exceptions=java.lang NumberFormatException

Now I have another problem. I tried to enter some switches manually they failed and I cannot get the deleted from the suspended state.The message they gave me when they failed was Cannot commit to groups or annotations.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: