Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

best practice connect 2 full data T-1 from point to point

I have a 3640 12.2(21) and a 3725 12.3(5). I want to conect the 2 point to point T-1s as multilink PPP. I want to see if I can make 2 1.5 MB pipes act as 1 3 MB pipe. I have asked this before.I have a sample configuration see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk713/tk507/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093d69.shtml. Will this work?

The config Current configuration!version 12.2!hostname Router1!!username Router2 password 0 abc ip subnet-zerono ip domain-lookup! multilink virtual-template 1!--- Applies the virtual interface template to the multilink bundle interface Loopback0 ip address 192.168.10.2 255.255.255.0 !--- The loopback address is used by virtual-template 1 interface Virtual-Template1!--- Interface virtual-template is a logical interface which creates!--- Virtual access interfaces dynamically and applies them to !--- physical serial interfaces ip unnumbered Loopback0!--- Always unnumber the virtual-template to an UP interface

!--- Do not assign a static IP ppp authentication chap ppp multilink !--- Enables multilink ppp on the virtual template interface interface Serial0 no ip address encapsulation ppp pulse-time 1 ppp multilink!interface Serial1 no ip address encapsulation ppp pulse-time 1 ppp multilink!!ip classless!line con 0line aux 0 transport input allline vty 0 4 login!end

Router2 - Cisco 2503

Current configuration :!version 12.2!hostname Router2!!username Router1 password 0 abc ip subnet-zerono ip domain-lookup!multilink virtual-template 1!!!interface Loopback0 ip address 192.168.20.1 255.255.255.0!!interface Virtual-Template1 ip unnumbered Loopback0 ppp authentication chap ppp multilink!interface Serial0 no ip address encapsulation ppp no fair-queue clockrate 56000 pulse-time 1 ppp multilink!interface Serial1 no ip address encapsulation ppp no fair-queue clockrate 56000 pulse-time 1 ppp multilink!!ip classless!!line con 0line aux 0line vty 0 4!end

3 REPLIES

Re: best practice connect 2 full data T-1 from point to point

A simpler config for 12.2 can be like this:

RouterA:

------------

interface serial1

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

ppp multilink

multilink-group 1

interface serial2

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

ppp multilink

multilink-group 1

interface multilink1

ip address X.X.X.X X.X.X.X

ppp multilink

multilink-group 1

And the corresponding config on the other side.

This will be easier that with the virtual-access interfaces.

Regards.

Thanks.....will this provide for redundency and most importantly allow the two 1.5 mb pipes to act as one 3 mb pipe????

Yes, it should ;)

Views
Helpful
Replies