Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP aggregate

sun816
Level 1
Level 1

f I aggregate 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0 as-set

(one specific route with community no-export another with no-advertise)

will the aggregated route with community no-export or no-advertise ?

3 Replies 3

aretana
Level 1
Level 1

rfc1997 reads:

If a range of routes is to be aggregated and the resultant aggregates attribute section does not carry the ATOMIC_AGGREGATE attribute, then the resulting aggregate should have a COMMUNITIES path attribute which contains all communities from all of the aggregated routes.

In your case, the use of 'as-set' should result in not carrying the ATOMIC_AGGREGATE attribute...so all the communities should be present.

In the specific example, no-advertise would take "priority" (because it includes the no-export semantics) in terms of operation.

Thanks a lot.

but can I consider that a bgp route with multiple well known communitis will prefer no-advertise than no-export than none ?

And another maybe infant question for consult: for example:An border router receive an ibgp learned route with local_pref is 100 and the same prefix learned from EBGP with none local_pref ,will the local_pref be exclude outside the processing decide for this prefix?

sun

I believe the IBGP route will be preferred in this case due to the higher local preference.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco