cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP default-originate

2rtreimanis
Level 1
Level 1

I need to inject default route to some customers which are already organized in peer-groups. Unfortunately all IOSes i have tried (12.0, 12.2, 12.0S) deny it saying: % Invalid command for a peer-group member

On the other hand http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/tk80/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093fb7.shtml states: All members of a peer group must share identical outbound announcement policies (such as distribute-list, filter-list, and route-map), except for default-originate, which is handled on a per-peer basis even for peer group members.

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I think, the statement itself clearly tells you that, you have to specify default-originate command separately for each peer, even though they are in a peer-group.

HTH

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thats exaclty what im trying to do ;)

Unfortunately getting that error message all the time.

ruwhite
Level 7
Level 7

This looks broken. First, I've looked through the code, and I don't see any reason why default information originate should be considered part of the policy that would break a peer group up. It shouldn't really impact replication, as far as I can see. Second, I don't see any outstanding or resolved defects that would address this, and clearly either the documentation or th e code needs to be fixed.

So, either open a case with TAC, and get a big filed, or email me, and I'll file it.

Russ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: