cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP inbound route filtering

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How can I filter inbound traffic from specific ISP's. I have two upstream ISP (ISP1 and ISP2), can I prepend my AS to some AS behind ISP2 but not all AS behind ISP2?

There is one AS behind ISP2 that I want it to choose ISP1 path to my AS, I want it to filter by not affecting other AS. How to do it?

Any other BGP filtering for manipulating incoming traffic beside prepending?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cjousten
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm afraid there is no way to achieve this.

You will need to either talk to ISP2 or to the administrator of the AS behind the ISP2.

Regards,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

cjousten
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm afraid there is no way to achieve this.

You will need to either talk to ISP2 or to the administrator of the AS behind the ISP2.

Regards,

Chris

I think so also. Just checking if someone have made a tweaking or workaround to do that (but I think that's impossible).

Hope in the future BGP in Cisco can do it. It will give more flexibility (and money).

Thanks.

ruwhite
Level 7
Level 7

You might be able by adding a community to the route that tells the ISP to do the as path prepend on certain borders, or not advertise a route along certain border. Talk to your ISP and see if they have filters of this type, based on communities, configured on their routers.

Russ.W

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: