Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

bgp inject-map exist-map command?????

I think this feature is for , if you receive a summary route from your ISP and you want to advertise more specifics into your BGP domain, but you don't have the BGP specific routes in your BGP/IGP tables, you can generate more specifc routes without the need for the info in the tables.

Please can someone confirm the actual point of this feature and if this is the intended / only use of it.

Can it actually be used to generate a route if you have no BGP entries at all for a network, say I want to generate a route for a ficticious address 99.0.0.0 into my BGP domain without having any more spefic routes?

Many thx and kind regards,

Ken

1 REPLY

Re: bgp inject-map exist-map command?????

Ken:

Yes...in general, the feature is intended for "controlled deaggregation" -- that's where it's name ("Conditional Route Injection") comes from.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1838/products_feature_guide09186a0080134a58.html

No, you can't generate random routes using this feature, only routes that are equal or more specific than the original one (indicated in the exist-map).

Alvaro.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content