Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP question

m.gamal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

i have two gateway routers connected to two different ISPs, each router connected to one ISP.

each router is running EBGP with the ISP connected to it, and we only recieve default routes from the ISPs, IBGP is running in my network.

how can i load balance the UPstream traffic going to the internet on the two Gateway routers???

Regards

M.Gamal

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Have you considered implementing a route map to match a given range of IP addresses and then set the next hop to gateway router A or B as desired ?.

For example

Route map upstream 10

match ip address x

set next hop ISP A

route map upstream 20

set next hop ISP B

Greetings

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

Good Idea..how could i miss it..:))

i will try it

Thanks

M.gamal

kthanuva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you could do this by passing class A network alone thro one ISP and CLass B & C network thro other ISP or viceversa...

you could put a default route to 2 ISP ...

hope this help you

Kiruba

amavrin
Level 1
Level 1

The most obvious and elegant solution in my eyes is to inject two default routes from your gateway routers into your internal network. Your users naturally take the nearest exit and your have your LOAD SPLITTING at work. Take into account, however, that the return traffic may take the different path than the outgoing. This _will_ be a problem if you have different firewals on these links,- the stateful inspection module may block the data stream.

Alex