Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

BGP Routing Issue

Hi,

Currently I am using Cisco 7517 router as my BGP router. My AS number is 9988 and I have 2 uplinks with AS10207 and AS4637, but, very congested. Recently, I am also the Transit customer for an ISP with AS9534 in Malaysia and this ISP suppose to re-advertise my prefix and my ASN to their uplink service provider with AS6453. But, now the problem is I don't see AS6453 is annoucing my prefix and ASN to Internet.

I did see that ISP with AS9534 advertise my IP prefix and ASN to AS6453.

When I issue a command in other ISP's BGP router, "sh ip bgp regexp _9988$", I am expecting to see In the Internet of the AS path of ".....6453 9534 9988 i....", but, I cannot see it in Internet::....why? Can it be the problem caused by IRR database? I am quite sure that AS6453 is using RPSL. Is it because of the filter list that is imposed by AS6353 BGP router since the IRR database is not being updated?

I did a search at irr.teleglobe.net or radb.net, I did not see that my AS9988 in the database...??? Or, can it be some other issue...please advice

My prefix is 203.81.64.0/19. I cannot seem to be able to pump my data

1 REPLY

Re: BGP Routing Issue

hi there

may be your problem is simply that AS 6453 is making a policy to not accept routes from other ASN other than those who are customers for him.

so he is not gonna accept your routes from AS 9534 unless there is a contact between people in AS9534 and people in 6453 to open for your routes to be advertised.

i think u should first contact those people or arrange with them to be sure that they are accepting your routes and advertising it.

hope this helps

Views
Helpful
Replies