cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Binding dialers to specific BRI using a single pool

sisal
Level 1
Level 1

I have a dialer pool with 4 members (BRI0/0, BRI0/1..) and 4 dialer profiles (dialer1,dialer2...).

I would like to configure the router in a way that EVERY DIALER HAS ITS OWN PREFERRED BRI but can use other bri if necessary.

Dialer1 should use bri0/1, Dialer2 bri0/2, but both could also use bri0/4 in emergency.

"dialer pool-member priority" is not useful for this purpose because it simply gives a higher priority to a member of the pool (bri) no matter which is the dialer requesting it.

Any suggestion or advice?

4 Replies 4

nihanth
Level 1
Level 1

take dialer1, dialer2 static routing default AD value for routing.

configure dialer3, dialer4 on bri 0/4 to locations where dia1, dia2 has been configured. give static routing Administrative distance (AD) value 10 for these routes ( dia3 and dia4).

remote end ...

dialer 0 to your end bri 0/1

dialer 1 to your end bri 0/4

dialer 0 to your end bri 0/2

dialer 1 to your end bri 0/4

I think your prob. might be solved.

Thank you for your answer. I am a bit confused though.

Do you mean that I must define 4 different dialers each with his BRI and AD (Administrative distance not metric?) for each destination? This would result in 16 dialer definitions... Am I missing something? If so, can you further explain your suggestion? An example would be great indeed!

vcjones
Level 5
Level 5

Each BRI can be a member of multiple pools, so simply define four pools and assign each BRI to all four, weighting each as desired for the dialer using that particular pool.

Good luck and have fun!

Vincent C Jones

www.networkingunlimited.com

I hoped there way to avoid the 4 pools. Anyway that's not a problem. Thanks for your reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco