Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Blocking OSPF LSA Flooding

Is it common or best practice for service providers to block lsa updates out of the interface that feeds customers or not? Are their any specific reasons why they would not block lsa's from reaching my home?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Re: Blocking OSPF LSA Flooding

They should have passive interface configured, so they won't form an adjacency over a customer facing interface. They should also have cdp disabled on their customer facing interfaces. There's no rason they'd want to exchange ospf with you, unless you are doing sham links/PE-CE, or an MPLS VPN tunnel through their network.

Russ.W

3 REPLIES
Gold

They should have passive interface configured, so they won't form an adjacency over a customer facing interface. They should also have cdp disabled on their customer facing interfaces. There's no rason they'd want to exchange ospf with you, unless you are doing sham links/PE-CE, or an MPLS VPN tunnel through their network.

Russ.W

Would you clarify sham links/PE-CE? I just have dsl service. Thanks for the quick response.

Gold

The best place to look is here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a0080087ce2.html

At the very first, there's an explanation of what sham links are used for. I hope that helps....

:-)

Russ.W

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content