Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

booting a 7206

Hello:

I'm working on a 7206 router w/ a npe-300. I'm trying to get it to boot up for the first time. I've copied over the IOS image to a 20meg flash card(not a PC card disk) and everytime I try to boot it it goes into rommon instead..

When booting it mentions it can't boot image c3-7200.<etc.etc>

Basically from rommon I'm looking for a way to specify the boot image's name and location, slot0:<filename>

We have 2 7206's in the office, w/ the other 7206 I can confirm the IOS image is on the card..

I have zero idea what is in startup-config as the router doesn't get far enough to allow me to view that.

I've talked to a number of people and most say that if your stuck in rommon you'd have to send the router back to cisco to fix this problem..

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: booting a 7206

On a 7200, the boot command from ROMMON can be used to boot the IOS from a file on flash or from a tftp server eg

boot slot0:

Re: booting a 7206

Yeah - thanks for the info. Later, about 5 minutes after my first posting I did find that command.. Turns on that card was a little unstable... would sometimes give us errors and that command did not work.

We moved IOS onto another card - presto. the boot:slot0: command worked...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content