Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BRI dial backup question

I have successfully (or shoud I say almost) configured BRI backup for a small office to the main office. I am using floating static routes. I define a higher weighted route for the data to fire the BRI to dial. however, it is using only one of the b channels. How do I configure the BRI backup to use both channels?

2 REPLIES
Purple

Re: BRI dial backup question

It is only going to fire after it gets to a certain threshold then it will bring up the second bri, try setting the threshold to a low value then ping across the isdn and see if you can get the second bri to come up . I am assuming that the second bri is in the correct state of "multiple frames established" verify this first and that the spids look correct .

Re: BRI dial backup question

You can use ppp mulitlink. You'll have to configure this on the ISDN interfaces of the routers on either end. You'll also have to use "dialer load-threshold" on the calling router to set at which point the second channel should be used. You can set a value of 1 to 255 for the threshold. This value indicates at what percent utilisation of the first channel that the second channel should be brought up. A value of 1 will bring up the second channel immediately whereas a value of 255 will wait until the first channel is at 100%. Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies