cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BRI dial backup question

mmitchell
Level 1
Level 1

I have successfully (or shoud I say almost) configured BRI backup for a small office to the main office. I am using floating static routes. I define a higher weighted route for the data to fire the BRI to dial. however, it is using only one of the b channels. How do I configure the BRI backup to use both channels?

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It is only going to fire after it gets to a certain threshold then it will bring up the second bri, try setting the threshold to a low value then ping across the isdn and see if you can get the second bri to come up . I am assuming that the second bri is in the correct state of "multiple frames established" verify this first and that the spids look correct .

bourse
Level 1
Level 1

You can use ppp mulitlink. You'll have to configure this on the ISDN interfaces of the routers on either end. You'll also have to use "dialer load-threshold" on the calling router to set at which point the second channel should be used. You can set a value of 1 to 255 for the threshold. This value indicates at what percent utilisation of the first channel that the second channel should be brought up. A value of 1 will bring up the second channel immediately whereas a value of 255 will wait until the first channel is at 100%. Hope this helps.