cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridging DSL

waynehutchinson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 6513 that is fiber connected to a 2950 in another building here on our campus. I have an isolated DSL router in our data center with the 6513 and I wish to connect one fast ethernet port on the 6513 to the DSL router in an effort to push the DSL connection over to one port on the 2950. I created a VLAN interface and VLAN on the 6513 and included the port that I connected to the DSL Router. I created the same VLAN interface and VLAN on the 2950 and have designated a port for that. I have ensured that switchport access is setup and that the VLANs are active. When I activated the VLAN interface on the 2950 it shuts down VLAN 1 which is the default VLAN.

On the 6513 side of the configuration the VLAN works fine but will not pass over the fiber connection....Any suggestions

2 Replies 2

mounir.mohamed
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

The port between Dsl router and 6513 shall be in the same VLAN (Ex 10) and the port between the 6513 and 2950 shall be in trunk mode and the port between the 2950 and any device need to access the internet shall be in the same VLAN (10)

Note:The Native VLAN ID must be the same on both Switches

Please Rate Helpful posts.

Best Reagrds,

Mounir Mohamed

I'll try this out and let you know how it worked. Thanks for the repsonse.